In our new conversation series ‘5 Minutes With…’, we chat style, culture, influences and of course, Docs, with creatives who are shaking up the scene. From musicians and artists to tattooists and change-makers, we get under the skin of the exciting characters wearing Dr. Martens.
Here, we’re talking to indie singer Tom Grennan, who will soon be taking to the stage as part of our eight days of music and talent at Dr. Martens Presents. You can catch him playing in our Dr. Martens store in Brighton on 5th November.
1. What’s your pre-gig ritual?
Gym and food at least 3 hours before the gig. Then a big 40-minute warm up, 50 press ups, a group hug and we go on.
2. If you could play a gig with anyone dead or alive who would it be?
3. What’s the most rebellious thing you’ve ever done?
Stole a boat by Richmond bridge and rowed down the Thames naked before being nicked.
4. Favourite venue?
5. Tell us about your favourite pair of Docs. What would your dream pair of Docs look like?
6. Did you have a plan B?
You can’t think like that if you’re going to complete your plan A.
7. What advice would you give to young people trying to get where you are?
Just keep going and doing what you love, don’t let anyone deter you.
8. What influences your work? Do you find inspiration in any unexpected places?
Life. I live and breathe it and then throw it into my lyrics. It’s a beautiful thing, embrace it.
Sign up to be in with a chance to see Tom Grennan here.